Thursday, December 23, 2010

Freelensing


I don't know if I would recommend this style of photography for the faint hearted. Grab your 50mm lens, unscrew it, and turn it around - that's right back to front, and hold it in front of the camera - and you've got yourself a poor-mans macro. This "technique", also known as freelensing. I set everything to manual, after checking the speed, ISO etc, manually focused by moving the camera forwards and back, and click - it works.

Truth be known I actually tested this out with my old film based Ricoh, with its lens, so I knew how to hold everything together, before trying this with the DSLR (didn't actually take any shots - as I have no film in the house).
I'm surprised this even works - I thought light leakage alone would ruin the shot.

I got the idea from here
http://gizmodo.com/5679403/101-photos-taken-with-the-lens-detached
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment