Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Food for thought


I've done a series of photos for Rie's blog (http://rieskitchen.blogspot.com/), and this is the latest.
Now for food I prefer to shot with natural light - as lighting with artificial light, and making it look natural is a skill that still alludes me. This is shot in the dying light of an overcast afternoon - I was actually against the clock with the light really fading. These little gluten free treats were straight out of the oven - and the scene is completely fake - a table has been dragged to the window to get what little light there is left, and then dressed the table with whatever festive decor I had at hand - pronto. The shot is taken with a 50mm lens, with a moderate aperture - because I wanted the closest mince pie to be mostly in focus - so 3.2 felt right - 1.8 was too much BOKEH (did I just say that).

(PS - A professional food photographer contact of Rie's commented that the photo was maybe a little busy, not enough white for some particular magazines, but other than that, said it was pretty good - I must be doing something right)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment