Monday, May 18, 2009

Fall


In this piece, I'm playing with several themes. I like the light being an abstract, but motivated source.
I like the Depth Of Field giving a sense of movement - whereas in reality it's dead still (1/2 sec).
This is actually a lamp I own, which has autumn leaves embedded into the paper surface of the lamp - given really cool translucency. (IMHO). This is shot with a 50mm prime lens, which enabled me to get the fat bokeh, which simulates the depth of field you might get if these were 6 foot tall people, compared to their actual size of 1 foot. The contrast has been tweaked slightly in PS LightRoom.
The lamp is a 8Watt Compact flouro with 2700K color temperature - and this is pretty much the color the camera delivered.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment